Taking anti-inflammatory drugs Do not take any drugs such as aspirin, paracetamol and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) on an empty stomach, as this can reduce their effectiveness and cause serious health problems, including stomach bleeding. Tip: Milk can reduce the side effects of NSAIDs. Therefore, if it is not available, the medicine can be washed down with plenty of water.
2. Drinking coffee Decaffeinated coffee stimulates acid production, which can cause heartburn and other digestive problems if consumed on an empty stomach. If you skip breakfast, even after coffee, you will experience a serotonin deficiency and feel sad all day. Tip: If you can’t give up the habit of drinking coffee first thing in the morning, drink it with milk or cream. The fat in milk can help reduce the side effects. It is also better to choose natural coffee, not freeze-dried.
3. Drinking alcohol If you drink alcohol on an empty stomach, the absorption of alcohol increases. In fact, it’s like an IV. The rapid effect of alcohol on the body can have negative effects on the liver, heart, and kidneys. Tip: If you can’t say no to a drink, opt for chilled non-carbonated drinks as they take longer to digest. Or eat a small sandwich with butter.
4. Chewing Gum The digestive acid produced when chewing gum destroys the lining of an empty stomach. Chewing too much gum can cause gastritis. Research has also shown that people who chew gum prefer junk food over fruits and vegetables. Tip: Choose gum that contains less harmful natural sweeteners than those that contain candy, cyclamate, or aspartame. Avoid chewing gum even if your stomach is full for more than 10 minutes.
5. Get some sleep Hunger and low glucose levels prevent us from falling asleep, causing us to sleep shallowly and wake up early. Lack of sleep increases hunger hormone levels. So we eat more the next day after we skip dinner. Tip: Eating too much before bed is not a good idea. The best solution is that dairy products contain magnesium and calcium.
6. Vigorous Training Some people think that exercising on an empty stomach burns more calories, but it actually doesn’t affect fat loss. But muscle loss is real. Due to the lack of energy in the body, the intensity of exercise also decreases. Tip: Replace vigorous training with aerobic exercise. If you have digestive issues, eat a healthy snack before any exercise because physical activity produces gastric juices, which are harmful on an empty stomach.
7. Shopping Being hungry makes us buy more food than we need. An empty stomach makes us want to buy things, even in stores that don’t sell food. In fact, studies have shown that the internal message, “I want food,” translates into “I want,” and the hungry person buys something, leading to follow through on that message. Tip: A pre-prepared shopping list is just as helpful as paying in cash, which can help you save money. Research shows that people spend less when they pay with cash instead of a credit card.
8. Drink citrus juice The acid and hard fibers in citrus fruits can irritate your empty stomach, which is especially dangerous if you have or are at risk for gastritis. Tip: If you suffer from hyperacidity, freshly squeezed citrus juice diluted in water will not bring anything but benefits.
9. Controversy Studies have shown that hunger makes you restless. This is due to the lack of energy when the stomach is empty to control itself. Tip: If you don’t have time to eat before the discussion, drink something warm as it will make the conversation more friendly.