Hugo Saint-Jacques recipe.
Difficulty level: Easy
Total yield: 4 doses
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Marinating time: 30 minutes
- 700 g chicken skin, degreased
- 1⁄4 cup (60 ml) salted butter
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 C. (15 ml) crushed ginger
- 1 chopped garlic
- 6 branches of cilantro, cut
- 1 C. 1 tablespoon (15 ml) garam masala
- 1 C. (5 ml) ground paprika
- 1 C. (5 ml) ground turmeric
- 1 C. (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 C. (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup (125 ml) tomato paste
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 ml) 35% cooking cream
- 1 lemon, juice և peel և
Step 1: First, mix the dry spices in a bowl. (Garam masala, paprika, cumin, turmeric and cinnamon). Cut the chicken thighs into 1-inch cubes, place in a large bowl, then season with half of the dry spices. Leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Step 2: Melt the butter in a round mold, sweat the onion, ginger, coriander branches. Add the rest of the dry spices and cook for 1 minute on a low heat to roast well. Continue to cook the chicken cubes և lightly brown them for 4-5 minutes.
Step 3: Then add tomato paste, soak in chicken broth with 35% cream. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer for 30 minutes. Adjust the spice with salt and pepper, then finish with lemon juice and spice.
Step 4: Garnish the chicken with fresh cilantro, serve with basmati rice and your favorite vegetables.