Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 40 minutes
Prepares 8 doses
- 900 ml (3 2/3 cup) raw chicken broth
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) green lentils, flooded
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 stems of rosemary
- 4 ch.c. tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 110 g (180 ml / 3/4 cup) pancetta in cubes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 sliced carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 stems of thyme
- 3/4 year salt
- 1/4 year pepper
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) parmesan cheese, finely grated + for a little garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan add 1 liter (4 cups) of water, chicken broth, lentils, bay leaf և rosemary. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- At the same time, heat 2 tbsp in a large saucepan over medium heat. tablespoon olive oil. Add pancetta and cook until golden brown for 4 minutes. Add onion, carrot, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and cook until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Add everything to the lentil saucepan, continue to cook covered, until the lentils are soft, for 15 minutes. Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. Add the parmesan. Divide into bowls լց pour olive oil on it (2 tablespoons in total) եր grated parmesan, if desired.
• Cook lentils and vegetables separately to save time and improve the taste.
• Add parmesan peel to the soup to make it even more fragrant.